Thursday, July 12, 2012

Clean windows!

The past few months I have really been wanting to clean the outside of our windows. Years ago I would make my own solution and scrub them down, rinse them off, and let the air do the rest. They turned out beautifully every time! A few years ago...not sure when, Windex decided to make a spray bottle that attaches to your hose, you simply rinse, spray with soap, rinse again, and you are done. I LOVE that stuff! So much easier.

Even though our house isn't that big (1920 sq. ft.), we have a decent amount of windows. This morning I headed over to Orchard Supply and picked up a bottle of Windex cleaner, returned home and went to work. I wanted to finish it before it got too hot. (mind you I began cleaning around 9:45; it was somewhere in the high 80's by then, I finished around 10:20) There was a lot of attaching and detaching the bottle to hoses throughout our yard, and moving items so they wouldn't get soaked, like bikes.

My efforts were completely worth it. Now I walk around our house, feeling grateful for clean, shiny windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment