Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Carpool Lane


Pat had a meeting in Sacramento this afternoon. I went up with him to visit my mom and sister. He was supposed to be finished by 4 PM. That did not happen. I sat in the car and read (thank goodness for my Kindle!), then I became sleepy, so I rested for a bit. Then I began to get a little restless...I'm not the most patient person in the world. Finally around 4:45 Pat texted me to say that he was on his way.

We were closer to 99 than to I-5 so we took 99 home, plus they have a carpool lane. At that time of day that is definitely a WIN! We were able to pass many others vehicles who were not fortunate enough to be in the carpool lane. Thank goodness we were!

We had a similar experience when we drove down I-15 from IF to Orem to visit with Craig and Angie. It was 5 PM, in SLC, and that could have been horrible! But it wasn't! :)

I am truly grateful for carpool lanes, especially when we can be in one and avoid going oh-so-slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment