Thursday, December 20, 2012

The last of the baking

I just completed the last of the baking for this Christmas season. Phew! I love baking, but I love it even more when I am doing said baking with loved ones. None are around, so it kind of takes the fun out of it. Fortunately, the fun part comes later when you take the goodies to friends and neighbors and see their faces light up with delight knowing that you thought of them. One more round of goodies to deliver...to our neighbors, so that should be fun! They are getting molasses crinkle cookies, blondies and no-bake fudge cookies!

I am also making one more batch of peppermint bark popcorn for Pat to take to work tomorrow. While he works at NOA, he is currently working from Kleinfelder; they are having a Christmas week! I can't remember everything they've done so far but it's been treats day, appetizer day, and a luncheon yesterday. Tomorrow is movie day with popcorn. I believe the staff is watching "National Lampoon's Christmas" movie. I doubt my husband will indulge though, except for the popcorn...that he likes!

Christmas is just a mere five days away. Nearly all the 'chore' part is completed, and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment