Saturday, December 8, 2012

Yummy nut clusters!

The other day I saw on Pinterest how to make your own double chocolate nut clusters in a crock pot! The whole crock pot idea had me sold! We already had several of the ingredients, so I opted to go to the store for the few that we didn't have and then got to work!

Fortunately the 'work' part wasn't too difficult! It only took a few minutes to gather everything together, throw it into the crock pot, turn it on, and then walk away. Yay!

The unfortunate part was that I didn't follow my own intuitive instincts and a small amount burned, which I discarded, and saved the rest of the batch by doing so! My advice, stir after you turn down the heat, and then again, about midway through. If the chocolate is all melty, it is done, believe me!

These turned out fabulous! They aren't that pretty, since I'm inexperienced at making these, but they sure do taste great! They are good enough to give away to neighbors and friends, which we will be doing, along with our peppermint bark popcorn!

Oh, and as a bonus for 'listening' to me, I'm giving you the recipe. Not as much fun as the blogs where they actually let you enter a contest, right? Oh well, if I had a LOT more people looking at my blog I'd do that, but I don't, so I won't. :)

Recipe:
Double Chocolate Nut Clusters

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds white chocolate almond bark, broken into small pieces
  • 1 pound dark chocolate almond bark, broken into small pieces
  • 4 ounces German chocolate
  • 1 ½ cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 4 cups (32 ounces) dry roasted peanuts, lightly salted
  • 2 cups (16 ounces) whole roasted almonds
  • 1 teaspoon almond flavoring

Instructions

  1. Turn slow cooker on high and add the first six ingredients.
  2. Cook for 45 minutes (don't peek or stir).
  3. Reduce heat to low and cook one hour, stirring until all chocolate is melted. Add almond flavoring.
  4. Put into miniature Christmas muffin liners. Store in an airtight container or place on trays for holiday gifts.

Yield: 75-100 large pieces, or 200-250 small pieces

Difficulty Rating: Easy
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm




No comments:

Post a Comment