Thursday, August 8, 2013

Baby Steps

This morning I ran several errands, after exercising. :) I also knew that I needed to go for a very short walk around our culdesac a couple of times, so I figured I'd do that when I came home. Mind you our culdesac has only 5 homes on it, and while there is a good deal of room between houses it's not like Idaho or Utah where there is a lot of space in between. However, in my case, for now, a walk is a walk. My Chiropractor told me to take a few short walks around the culdesac (and yes, he's seen where we live) just to see how my knee and hips react.

So, I did that, this morning.

Another thing you should also know about me is that I love to walk. It really is therapy for me. Not only physically but emotionally and mentally as well. I have missed being able to go for walks - so much so that I am literally jealous when I see other people out walking. Who knew?

Which brings me to this - even though it was a short walk, it was a walk. I felt great being able to do that much because it is much more than I've been able to do in quite a while. You know how everyone always says 'baby steps' when they talk about getting back into something or making an improvement? Well, I'm grateful for my baby steps today, or 'baby' walk, it just felt so great.

1 comment:

  1. That makes me so happy!! Next time we're together, we're going on a walk- short or long!

    ReplyDelete