Monday, August 19, 2013

Multiple things

Yesterday Pat spoke in Ripon ward. He always gets choked up when speaking there. As he looked over the audience he saw several 'families' that were youth when he was Bishop there. Here they are with active, happy families. Interestingly enough his topic was 'happiness in family life.' He did a wonderful job; told a few personal examples. But the best part is always the preparation when you give a talk. He and I discuss at length his topic, and this one was particularly rewarding. As we talked about being happy vs. unhappy he said he doesn't recall a time when he wasn't happy in our family, in our marriage. Yes, we've had trials, we've had moments of anger, disappointment, all of those things every family experiences. Yet, he has always been happy with and loved our family. If nothing else, our children, children-in-law, and grandchildren should find comfort in that. They are deeply, and completely loved, by us.

Hence, my gratitude is for Pat and his feelings about our family.

Secondly, I'm grateful that Rachel got the chemistry class that she needed to go forward with her education at OSU. She will be moving to the Corvallis area in about five weeks. I'm excited for her to be able to get another degree; only this time it will be to become a Dietician. Good job, hon! We are happy for you!

Third, since I mentioned going to Ripon ward - I am grateful for the lasting love that we feel for others there. We have friendships that will last throughout the eternities. There are only a handful of people in our current ward that I feel 'close' to, so going to Ripon ward is truly like going home.

Finally, I have the flu today. That always makes me grateful for my health. I'm also grateful that the flu doesn't last long, it's not a debilitating illness, and that I actually do have the time to rest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment