Saturday, August 10, 2013

Peach ice cream

Some twenty years ago a friend of ours in Ripon gave us her recipe for peach (or berry) ice cream. She moved away shortly after sharing her recipe with me (we still exchange Christmas cards!) Back then making ice cream was a big production, and it was so much easier to get ice cream at the store, that I only made it once. We really liked the recipe so I hung onto it...all these years. Finally, the other night, I pulled out my kitchenaid ice cream maker and made that recipe! It was every bit as good as I remembered. I love recipes that we can count on, and I'm grateful for friends that share theirs. DEEE-LISH-OUS!!!

P.S. Yes, I know 'delicious' is spelled wrong, I was just spelling it like our grandkids say it! A bit of a tribute to Gav - whose birthday is tomorrow! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment