Friday, August 16, 2013

Coconut oil

Rarely do I watch Dr. Oz, but about two weeks or so ago I did, probably because I was recuperating from my back going out. :)

At any rate, the show was touting the wonders of Coconut oil; so I decided to try it out. Okay, so I bought it at Costco (can we say large container?), and it's been in my pantry for two weeks now... This morning I chose to make cookies with it; the big oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from OBB. I just have to tell you that baking with coconut oil makes your home smell divine! I could seriously eat that scent! Yum! Now, it wasn't without some doubt on my part that I used coconut oil, I wondered how they would taste, even though I love, love, love coconut, Pat does not. And, truth be told he is the major cookie consumer around here. Definitely.

Imagine my delight when I pulled those cookies off the cookie sheet and placed them on the cookie cooling rack and decided to try one. Oh my goodness. It doesn't hurt that I love this recipe already, but they certainly are even just a tad better tasting than they were with the butter in them...and healthier for you...according to Dr. Oz. Bonus - they don't really taste like coconut, just a bit sweeter in a good way.

I'm grateful for coconut oil, for the healthy wonders it brings to our lives. I'm pretty sure I'll be exploring other ways of using it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment