Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Priesthood Blessings

I grew up in a family where I witnessed and partook of miracles. My father was a worthy Melchizedek Priesthood holder. When we were ill one of the first things that took place to help us get well was a priesthood blessing.

I remember one time as a teenager when I had a serious case of strep throat. My air passages were blocked, I was gasping for air. I wasn't able to call for help and my mom happened to come in to check on me. She quickly realized the seriousness of the situation. Fortunately my brother-in-law was visiting so he and my dad administered to me. Miraculously my lungs cleared instantly and I was able to breathe.

Today Pat had to go to the ER. He wasn't doing well at all. We were there for six hours!!! We were both exhausted by the time we got home. Our bishop is our hometeacher and we didn't want to burden him, so Pat called our former bishop, whom we are close friends with. He brought along another close friend of ours and they happily gave Pat a wonderful, and much needed blessing.

I am so deeply grateful for the miracle of Priesthood blessings in my life. It is something I thank Heavenly Father for daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment