Friday, February 15, 2013

A hint of Spring!

The past few days have been warmer than usual. That's probably bad for some crop of something, but I'm not sure what. Today it is actually supposed to hit 70 degrees! SEVENTY! That is like my favorite temperature outside! It's not too hot and not too cold... kind of reminds me of that line in "Miss Congeniality."

Stan Fields: "Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date."
Cheryl, Miss Rhode Island: "That's a tough one, I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket."

Yesterday, when it was in the mid-60's I opened windows and aired out the house! When it hits that temperature today I will do the same! The only downside was that I turned off the heater and forgot to turn it back on. This morning our house was a cool 62 inside! When I got up I was surprised at how 'cold' it felt. Then I remembered to turn the heater back on!

One has to be grateful for the first hints of Spring, when it's not too hot, and not too cold... and all you need is a light jacket. Now I will wait for the flowers to appear...should be soon! :)

P.S. I'm also grateful that we celebrated Valentine's Day by keeping it simple (Pat doesn't believe in the love day)...I made one of his favorite dinners, we had dessert and watched "Skyfall". (which I ended up buying at Costco for just $15!)

No comments:

Post a Comment