Thursday, February 7, 2013

Putting my shoulder to the wheel.

Yesterday, well, before I tell you about yesterday, let me tell you what took place before that...

Awhile ago I mentioned that I've been organizing Pat's church stuff. Since I've organized what I could he has decided that he wanted that stuff in the study (actually, now that I think of it I remember that I suggested it). At any rate, we've been discussing how it would work better for him in this room since he makes phone calls privately in here, and would have everything at his disposal instead of running from one side of the house to the other when he's discussing church matters. We had plans to take care of it...someday. Well, someday was not coming soon enough for me. When he's home he is either busy with church, doing yard work, running errands, or relaxing after a hard day of work. So, I decided to take care of it myself, to 'put my shoulder to the wheel', so to speak.

I actually organize better by myself, I can concentrate better and move things where I want them to be. If anyone wants to change it later, that is up to them. I'm okay with that. You would think that a job like that wouldn't take that long, but it does. The problem is it involves papers, pictures, family history, etc. Lots of different categories of things that have been stashed away and needed attention.

So, I got to work. I transferred books from one room to another. I transferred the children's books that are in the house, from my mom's room to the study. (believe me, she won't miss them!) I moved containers that store simple things (like maps, or craft supplies) from one shelf to another. I brought Pat's notebooks and church papers that aren't organized yet to the study where they have their own shelf. And, as mentioned before, I went through all the papers; he has some purging to do!

I am grateful that I was able to organize things for us, yet again. I know that I write on here about being organized frequently, but it makes me happy, which makes me grateful that I can be organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment