Sunday, April 15, 2012

Changes

We have a new bishopric. Our new bishop, Bishop Haroldsen, is our hometeacher. He is a wonderful man, with a great family. I am looking forward to the spirit they will bring to our ward.

I am so grateful for Bishop Gross, who was released today, and the many hours and heart he put into being bishop. I am grateful that Pat had the opportunity and privilege of serving with him these past 5+ years as his first counselor. I am also grateful for the other brethren that have served as second counselor.

I am grateful for the blessings our family has received while Pat has been in the bishopric. There is no doubt in my mind or heart that we have been blessed as a direct result of his service. I am grateful for Pat - for his ever willing heart and helping hands, I admire him, and love the man that he is, the man that he has become through the years.

I am grateful for the testimony that I have. As we sung hymns in Sacrament meeting today they really hit home; the reason we do all that we do in the church boils down to one thing - we have a testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He leads the way, and we follow.

I am also grateful for Pat's continued willingness to serve as we open a new chapter in our lives and he serves on the high council. I am excited for him to work closely with the Stake Presidency. I know it was an amazing experience for me to feel of their spirits (when I was in Stake RS), and of their love. Now he will have that choice opportunity. That will be a great blessing in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment