Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mormon Helping Hands

Today in California it is Mormon Helping Hands day. It's a day where each and every ward do a service project for their community. In our stake we are cleaning up parks, painting a homeless shelter, working on the Manteca Historical Museum, sprucing up a bike path and cleaning up our cemetery. It will be a busy morning for many LDS families.

The reason we do this activity is to serve our neighbors and friends; our communities. When we did this two years ago we had people walking by us at the park wondering how they could get involved. I know our ward has over 40 people signed up. Pat is about to leave to go participate. (I would, but I am leaving for Utah tomorrow and don't want to hurt my back so that I can be sure and enjoy my grandchildren!)

I am grateful for our church leaders who recognize that serving our community is important, and for the members who willingly give of their Saturday morning to serve. It's just wonderful, that's it, just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment