Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Risen!


Today we celebrate Easter. In our ward we had an Easter Cantata. The words and music were touching, sharing the journey of the Savior in His final hours living on earth, His death and resurrection. I also have come to appreciate and love Mary Magdalene, for her example of following the Savior, becoming who she was meant to be, and being so dedicated to Him to seeing Him as a resurrected being.

I am so grateful for Easter, for the opportunity we have of remembering how important Jesus Christ is in our lives. Each year I gain more understanding of what He has done for me personally. I remember being a student at BYU (oh, so many years ago), and as we sang the Sacrament song, "Behold, The Great Redeemer Die" I gained an overwhelming understanding and appreciation as to how the Savior's actions/sacrifices have affected my life. I came to realize that every good thing we have in our lives are because of His actions. We have the scriptures, a Prophet and Apostles, we have temples - where we are sealed for time and eternity to those we love, we have prayer which allows us to commune with God, our Father. There are so many, many blessings that we have in our lives that we would be without were it not for Him.

I testify that He lives, that He loves us, and that He has done everything for these simple reasons, 1) to glorify our Father, 2) He loves us - each one of us, individually. I am so very grateful for that knowledge, and the testimony that burns within allowing no doubt in my mind, or heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment