Sunday, April 29, 2012

White Shirts

I love watching the Aaronic Priesthood holders in our ward as they prepare, bless and pass the Sacrament. I love their white shirts and the symbolism of their being pure priesthood holders who are on the Lord's errand. I am grateful for all of them, for their strength in overcoming all that is thrown at them. I realize some are better at avoiding or dodging Satan's fiery darts, but at least they are trying. I have to believe that them participating in the Sacrament is one of the greatest shields they have, along with Seminary, scripture study and prayer.

Years ago I had a 'vision' of a young man, standing alone, yet boldly, with his sword of truth and his shield of righteousness...coming at him were Satan's followers, those Spirits that chose not to follow Christ's plan. Then, a few years ago when I was assigned to speak in Ripon ward I had the topic of the Aaronic Priesthood. During the preparation of that talk this 'vision' I had in my mind expanded. The young man was no longer standing alone, behind him, and beside him, were: his family, his fellow Aaronic Priesthood holders, his youth leaders, his bishopric, his Stake Presidency and Stake young men leaders, and on it went, all the way to President Monson, President Eyring and President Uchtdorf. All of them, stood solidly and faithfully to thwart the fiery darts of Satan, to make sure that this young man would one day return to live with our Father.

I am grateful for worthy Priesthood holders, that represent themselves and their purity with white shirts on Sundays.


No comments:

Post a Comment