Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

We have a tradition in our family. At the end of each year we gather around together, and we write down the important things that occurred in our lives that year. Then we write down the things we hope to take place in the coming year. Of course not all of those things come true, but the majority of them do! They don't always have to be positive things either...just life events.

For example, this year I would write that my niece, Donna, passed away.

I would also write how old each of our grandchildren turned, and that Darci and Jack were born.

I probably would include that Pat continued to be employed...a huge blessing in this economy.

Of course I would include that Rach ran a half marathon and that she moved to Oregon.

I would definitely write that I began writing on this blog on a daily basis. This has been an uplifting experience for me. Hopefully it has benefited others as well. :)

You get the idea...

I am grateful for 2011. I am grateful for the positives, not so much the negatives (even though I realize they are growing experiences, they are still hard.) I am grateful to have the family we have, to enjoy the many blessings that we enjoyed, and that I can express my gratitude daily, no matter what year it is.

I hope you all have a Happy 2012 and that you learn and grown from the positives and negatives in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment