Monday, December 12, 2011

Missy update

A week or so ago I wrote about Missy, taking her to the vet, all of that. She continued to not be doing well. She seemed to perk up for a couple days and then took somewhat of a nosedive. All she wanted was to sleep, under a bed, away from us, and to not be bothered, one bit.

Yesterday before leaving for church I decided it was time to bring her out from under the bed, and make her be around us...she loves us after all, and she needs us. Dumb cat! After I got home from church I began cooking dinner, Pat came home just before five, and noticed drops of blood sporadically placed around the kitchen floor. Yikes! Needless to say we were worried. But not Missy, she was sleeping contentedly under the Christmas tree.

Let me backtrack for a sec here, a few days after taking her to the vet Pat noticed a scratch on her. We felt it would heal and didn't worry about it. Turns out that scratch is the culprit of this whole (pricey) ordeal.

Back to yesterday - Pat decided that since she wanted to go outside he would let her out. BIG mistake. Does he not remember that Diego is out there (neighbor's cat who thinks he lives here, but they do NOT get along)? I worried about her, seriously, I did. (Diego is probably the owner of said scratch)

Finally around 11 something PM she came in, after Pat spent multiple times trying to coax her with food. Finally he decided to make one last effort. He knocked on our front kitchen window (she was residing at the time in our neighbor's camper wheel well). She hopped down and walked in the house and acted like, "What? I was only out for a bit!"

So, then she climbs into bed with us. Mind you we don't normally let her in the house at night because she is a huge pest, but considering the circumstances and how she has been sleeping for the past week, not disturbing anyone, we let her. After days of acting like we don't exist she suddenly wanted both of our attention. She took turns going from one to the other all night long. Needless to say, not much sleep was gained last night.

This morning as she was lying on our bed and we were both up and about getting ready I went over to pet her and noticed a huge somewhat crusty and bloody wound on her. We decided to call the vet, which I did. A few hours later Missy and I went to the vet's. They decided that the whole cause of this sudden 'illness' was this injury, and that it had abscessed, and then ruptured. The doc said that it was good that it ruptured because otherwise he'd have had to drain it and such. Instead, they shaved the area, gave her antibiotics in shot form and fluids, and sent her home.

She is now happily sleeping in my closet on top of my little dresser in there. I am letting her. I am so, so grateful that we finally have a diagnosis and a cure. Thanks heavens! Literally - so many prayers said by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment