Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sundays

I love Sundays.

I love attending church; partaking of the Sacrament, seeing people I love, serving in callings, singing the hymns, hearing the speakers, attending Relief Society.

I love the quiet of the day. It seems that while I am concentrating on spiritual matters (scriptures, the meaning of Christmas, music, etc.) that our home also becomes still...as in "Be still and know that I am God."

I love that Pat serves faithfully in his calling, and that I can support him. I love it when I have a calling and am able to serve (soon, I am sure).

I love our hymns - and walking into the chapel with the organ playing, inviting reverence and worship for each of us. I especially love it when we have themed hymns - like Christmas or Patriotic type of hymns. Love it.

I love Fast and Testimony meeting, where tummys are rumbling, and brothers and sisters are sharing their testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it's truths.

I especially love feeling the Spirit. That comforting, testifying, loving embrace that you cannot see, but you can most certainly feel.

I love Sundays, and am so grateful that God in His wisdom provided a day of rest, a day for us to be strengthened so that we are able to face whatever comes our way during the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment