Thursday, December 1, 2011

34 years

I realize most people don't celebrate their anniversary of becoming engaged, but we do! Thirty-four years ago today my hubby proposed to me in Provo, UT, as we sat in my VW bug (Gladys) next to the Provo temple. It was snowing outside, and it was cold...but we had our love to keep us warm! ;)

(sometimes cheesy just comes out, sorry!)

I am grateful for my husband, who started out as my friend, and became much more. I am grateful that we prayed and fasted about whether or not we should be married (for eternity) to one another, and that we followed the direction we received. I am grateful that Pat continues to be a strength in my life and that I love his quirks, his intelligence, his sense of humor, his hugs and kisses, his dedication to and love for us, the gospel and family, that he helps bear my burdens and that we stand strong together as we face life's difficulties.

I am grateful for the family that we are - with our children, children-in-law and grandchildren. We wouldn't be complete without them, they have helped shape who we are, and make us want to be better. While we aren't perfect by any means we are certainly striving for perfection together - taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment