Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Socks

I grew up in Southern California, and spent most of my growing up years either barefoot or wearing flip flops, otherwise known at the time as a)thongs or b)jap flaps...neither of those sound very good now, do they? It's all about being pc!

Now I am a middle aged adult wearing socks, many months of the year. I still wear sandals, but not usually flip flops, or the like. When I was in my teens they began making what I call 'fun socks'. Those were right up my alley. If I have to wear socks then why not have them be cute? So, that is what I did, and do, most of the time. Yes, I do have socks that are plain, and they are fine, but I prefer the other.

During the month of December I break out my Christmas socks which brings a smile to my heart and to my face. There is just something about having red and white striped or blue socks with penguins and snow flakes on them that make me happy inside. One of the best things about them is they don't cost much so you can purchase quite a few, which I have done, over the years.

Perhaps this love of colorful socks is a way of holding onto the child within. Whatever the reason it really doesn't matter - because it makes me happy. I am grateful for my Christmas socks (and Valentine's Day, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Fall, Halloween, etc). They are just plain fun!

(disclaimer - not my socks or my feet in the pic...thanks google!)

No comments:

Post a Comment