Thursday, December 8, 2011

Music

As I was leaving the house this morning to run errands I realized I needed something to listen to, other than Rush Limbaugh or random AM Christmas music. I ran in and grabbed my Josh Groban "Noel" CD. Perfection. Honestly, I could listen to him any day of the week. I especially love his song 'Grateful'. It just speaks to my soul, really. Now, that may sound cheesy to you, and that is okay, but somewhere deep inside me it really moves me. The combination of the lyrics and music make me want to be a better person, to stop worrying about any petty problems real or imagined that I might have. It makes me want to give of myself and to be so much more than I am.

That sounds as though I think little of myself, admittedly I have those days where that is true, but for the most part I know that I am trying, every moment of every day to reach higher. I am grateful for music that teaches me how to do that and just makes me happy and humble, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment