Saturday, December 10, 2011

Finally!

For years Pat has been doing our yard work. For the most part he has done a good job. However, this past year our yard has been looking, shall we say, shabby, and not as in chic. It's not like it's horrible, but it doesn't look well maintained. Much of that is due to his work schedule, a lot is due to the fact that our yard is huge and has become a bit overwhelming. I can't help in the yard any more (due to my back, knee, etc.), so he ends up doing 99.9% of the work. Hence, it's not looking so good these days, folks.

We have been planning on getting some new trees, a few of ours have died (farewell cherry, apple and camphor trees), and one we had taken out since it was beginning to get huge and we didn't want it to infringe on our neighbors, break up their cement, and then have to pay to repair it (because that is how we roll). So, for the past, oh, I'd say year and a half, we have made numerous visits to various nurseries in our areas...all in hopes of figuring things out. We have decided on crape myrtle - they are pretty and non-invasive, oh, and another cherry and a lemon. =)

A while back I had a frank heart-to-heart yard discussion with Pat. I pleaded with him to break down and hire someone to come and take care of the yard. Today Steve visited us and now the ball is going to begin to roll. He is actually back now to take pictures and measure, and all of that garden/yard stuff that needs to be done.

Am I grateful? YOU BET I AM! I am thrilled that we are hiring someone with a good reputation to come and fix our yard for us. It is going to be so much better. Mind you, our yard isn't horrible, it's just not us. I know the yard and I will both be happy once this project is completed. Our savings will dwindle a bit, but it is worth it, knowing that Pat doesn't have to be overwhelmed any longer and it will be done! YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment