Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happier Camper

My last post was posted early, early this morning. I couldn't sleep due to the election. Amy said I sounded depressed. Probably because I was.

I'm grateful for the difference a day makes. There are still some things I cannot stomach, and don't want to  hear, but I am fine...as long as I stay away from the lefties. I also couldn't face facebook, even though nothing major was being posted, other than a lovely message from the First Presidency. I'll go back to facebook, someday, when I am ready. :)

I also have a wonderful husband, who was also feeling a bit down, but was still kind enough to go out of his way to bring me flowers to cheer me up this evening. What a sweetheart.

Confession: one of the major reasons I was down (other than the obvious one - Mitt losing) was due to my lack of faith in myself. I had experienced multiple times when I felt the Spirit was telling me that he would win, that things would eventually be alright. Turns out I was wrong, and I puzzled about the feelings I had felt. What I have come to realize through the course of this day was that the Spirit was telling me that things were going to be alright, that things were in the Lord's hands, that I need not fear.

Not only am I grateful for that reassurance, that comfort, but I am also grateful for the understanding I've been given of what I felt, and that I don't have to doubt myself. That means the world to me. You can take away a lot of things from me, they might upset me, even make me sad, but the one thing you can't take away from me without devastating me is my faith in my ability to recognize the Spirit. Sometimes I just interpret what I am feeling wrong. I'm not perfect, so that's okay, I can live with that. I just can't live with being devastated.

3 comments:

  1. I think instead of "staying away from those lefties" we would all do better to stay away from negative influences that plant hatred and anger into our hearts. Facebook definitely counts as that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should clarify... by 'lefties' I meant the media, nothing more. As far as Facebook goes, I didn't have anyone on my Facebook being negative, I just didn't want to join the sorrow everyone was experiencing since I had enough just for me to handle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so sweet of Dad to get you flowers!

    ReplyDelete