Thursday, November 1, 2012

The BEST waffles

Amy has motivated me to be more organized regarding dinners, purely by example. I can tell you it takes a lot of guess work out of the age old question, "What's for dinner?"

Thursdays are breakfast food night, since we enjoy breakfast foods for dinner in our family. Don't you? Tonight I decided to make waffles. This recipe is from my old roommate, Elizabeth. Years ago when our family was visiting she made these and our family has loved them ever since. They are as easy as any other waffle recipe (except Krusteaz, since there is not a smidgen of thought to those!)

Every time I make these, it makes me happy. They are lighter than your average waffle. (though I must admit that 'off the waffle' in Eugene has the best waffles anywhere, hands down, well, at least to my experience!)

So, yes, I am grateful for these waffles, because they are delicious. So grateful I am sharing the recipe!

Lizzy's Waffles

2 cups Bisquick
1 egg
1/2 cup oil (I use canola, since that is what we always use)
10 club soda

Mix together, cook on waffle iron, and enjoy!

You can freeze them and heat them up in the toaster for later if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment