Saturday, November 3, 2012

Voting

One of the many, amazing, freedoms we enjoy here in the USA is the right and privilege to vote for who we choose to have in office. Honestly, here in California, rarely am I in the majority...sadly enough. However, I still hold dear that right. My parents taught me to honor our country, and our freedom; by saluting the flag, singing the national anthem, doing simple things like not littering, and just plain being respectful of the values our country holds dear. One of those patriotic duties is to vote.

For several years now Pat and I have chosen to vote absentee. It's nice, for us, to be able to sit at our kitchen table, thoughtfully go over the choices we have, mark our choices, sign and seal them up and send them in. We both did that the other day. The feeling it gives me is akin to being spiritual. I know that within that envelope contains rights that were fought for, and freedom that we enjoy.

How grateful I am for the right, privilege, and opportunity to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment