Friday, November 16, 2012

Snicker.Doodles.

Yum. I have always loved Snickerdoodles. I remember making them when I was a kid. When we got married we did not have much money, so baking cookies became a way to save our budget. (Sorry Hostess, sad to see your demise, but you were just too much for us! ...seriously, no more snowballs? My dad's fave. He would be sad. Good thing I snagged the Green Lantern ones last year, they will definitely be my last memory of Hostess.)

Seeing as how I have a new Kitchen Aid and today was supposed to be rainy (slightly) I opted to make my husband's favorite cookie - Snickerdoodles. My, how he loves them and their cinnamony goodness. I figured if he could happily agree to my purchase I can certainly happily make him cookies. He will have a smile on his cute face tonight. :)

I guess I should have just titled my post 'cookies', because really, who doesn't love them? And who isn't grateful when some kind friend drops off a few of the unexpected treats? Our family favorites through the years have been; Chocolate Chip, Cowboy cookies, Snickerdoodles, Oatmeal, and for some Peanut Butter.

Yes, I am grateful for Snickerdoodles... they are yummy.

2 comments: